The One Song One Month Challenge: Week 5 [Video]Jan 29, 2010
It’s crazy to think that a month has already passed us by since we began this challenge. If you’ve been taking the challenge with us, you should be pretty far along at this point. Ideally you’ve got all your tracks recorded, cleaned up, and ready for mixing. If not, no worries, these videos aren’t going anywhere so you can go at your own pace of course.
Today we are going to cover some basic mixing techniques. Now, mixing is a complex art that can take years to perfect, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t jump in and get after it! All of today’s popular DAWs (Pro Tools, Logic, Sonar, Cubase, etc) come with a wide array of professional mixing plugins for you to use, and they sound great. So fire them up, watch this video (it’s in two parts) and make it happen!
Just a reminder if you’re just joining us…below are the 5 weeks of this challenge with links to each video. Enjoy!
- Starting Your Song – Creating a session, setting tempo, initial recording
- Rhythm – Using loops and drum machines to fill out the track
- Virtual Instruments – Using MIDI tracks to enhance your arrangement
- Editing – Comping vocals and overall cleanup
- Mixing – Basic mixing tips and technique
Discover The 6 Steps for Creating a
Radio-Ready Song from Scratch"
Enter Your Email Below To Receive The Free 17-page PDF,
"6 Steps To A Radio-Ready Song"
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.